- West Feliciana produced the largest number of state winners at the Louisiana Reading Association Young Authors Contest! We have 23 state winners, which is our largest number in our history! A special thanks to the West Feliciana Reading Council, the teachers who work with these students on a daily basis, and their parents for their consistent support. It is a team effort!
Benjamin Brock, Preston Mathews & John Thomas Ritchie
Front: Kayden Blaylock, Colt Rome & Laurel Fiser
Back: Jack Sam Leake, Nevaeh London & Thomas Temple
Front: Ashleigh Godke, Cassie Tucker, Mathilda Fox-Smith & Mary Jane Opperman
Back: Andrew Dantin & Charles Fox-Smith
Echo Moncivaez, Ann Lea Reynolds & Chaney Ray
Ruby Roberg, Aaron Wilson, David Slater, Magdalene Mailhes & Cheyenne Henderson
- WFMS student artwork is now on display at the Louisiana State Archives building in Baton Rouge. The art was a part of the "Birds of the Felicianas" exhibit that was originally on display during the Audubon Pilgrimage. The exhibit at the state archives will be on display through the month of April.
- Congratulations goes to Matthew Russell for making the 100 point club in Accelerated Reader! Matthew celebrates with Ms. Linda Walden, attendance clerk at Bains Lower.
- In case you missed it, the WFHS Baseball Team was highlighted as a Super Chevy Spotlight Team. Please click here to see the video.
- WFHS began working with our 8th graders on scheduling for next year. There are many big decisions for our 8th graders to make, so Ms. Becky Johnson, our 9th grade counselor, and our WFMS teachers worked with our 8th grade students to provide guidance in choosing the right classes.
Ms. Amanda Moorer provides guidance to Taleah Pate.
Ms. Becky Johnson and Ms. Monica Traweek assist Caitlyn Turner with her freshman schedule.
- Melvin Emery, WFHS Senior, was recognized for by the National Sojourners for the highest attributes in patriotism and support of the United States of America at the annual JROTC Awards Banquet on Thursday Evening. A special thanks goes to the JROTC Instructors, David McMillan and Lisa Poppen, for all of their hard work to ensure the success of the students within JROTC.